Nvu 1.0 Released

Anyone who's visited TaoSecurity.com or Bejtlich.net has probably stared in awe at the wonder of the Web composition skills inherent in each site. No? Well, I think they are an improvement over the 1996-era, made-with-vi HTML I created by hand. I used a program called Nvu (pronounced "N-view") to lay out the tables for each site. Yesterday Nvu 1.0 was released, and today the www/nvu FreeBSD port was updated.

I found Nvu doesn't produce perfect HTML, so I might use a program like Tidy to clean up the pages. The latest version of Tidy is also in the ports tree as www/tidy-devel. One day I will hire a Web developer to create modern Web pages for each site.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Iirc: //forums....nvudev...org/ is brand-new
Haven't personally seen that site nor used Nvu YMMV

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics